While Summer Reading Club always has programs for the kids, Delaware County District Library (DCDL) isn’t forgetting fun for grown-ups this summer.
The Powell Branch Library is expanding its partnership with The Daily Growler Powell. Beginning in June, DCDL will be hosting a monthly trivia night targeted at adults. Trivia Night kicks off Wednesday, June 28 at 7 p.m. with general knowledge questions.
The Orange Branch and Delaware Main libraries are plugging into creativity this summer. The Orange Branch Library is offering two Pinterest Crafting sessions each month this summer. On June 8 and 22 they’ll be making painted bottles that can be used as votive holders or vases.
The Delaware Main Library is continuing its successful Paint Night series on Tuesday, June 13. Delaware-based Canvas Creations for You will be leading a painting class. Both of these programs require pre-registration.
Ostrander Branch Library is slowing down and taking a moment for self-indulgence with their Renew with Yoga series on Wednesday, June 7. Local yoga instructor, Stella Estep, will lead the class in basic yoga that centers mind, body, and spirit.
Finally, all adults, regardless of location can participate in the Adult Summer Reading Book BINGO program.
The way it works is simple:
- Pick up or download a BINGO card. (You have three to choose from!)
- Read the titles related to the requirement on a square. Write the title on the line when you complete it. Mark off the square.
- Five spaces in a horizontal, vertical or diagonal line make a BINGO.
- Turn in the completed card to any DCDL branch and be entered in the drawing for amazing prizes!
- Continue reading and filling out cards as often as you can before August 4.
Download a card: