In 2016, the Delaware County District Library paired up with several organizations in the county that support the arts and support senior services. The result of this collaboration was the county’s first-ever juried art exhibit and competition specifically for individuals ages 55 and older. It was called the Senior Showcase: Art After 55.
This year, we are proud to announce that through a partnership between DCDL, Willow Brook Christian Communities, and The Arts Castle, the second Senior Showcase will debut this fall!
At this time, entries are currently being accepted for the showcase from artists ages 55 and older who live in Delaware County. The juried showcase is open to submissions from both professional and emerging artists until July 6 at 5 p.m.
Pieces that were not featured in the 2016 show can be submitted again in the following categories:
- 2D (computer, drawing, mixed media, painting, photography)
- 3D (ceramics, fiber, metal, glass, wood, stone, jewelry, sculpture).
Jurying fees apply in the amount of $10 for one submission and $20 for two or three submissions.
Entry forms are available in person at all Willow Brook and DCDL locations and at the Arts Castle. Individuals can also download the forms from any of the sponsor organizations’ websites, or apply online directly at www.artscastle.org/seniorshowcase.
Any artists who have been accepted to participate in the show will be notified by July 23. They will also be invited to an opening night reception at the Arts Castle on Friday, August 24 at 7 p.m. where winners will be announced. Thanks to the generous donations from the community and other partners, the Senior Showcase is able to award prizes totaling $1,700 in various categories.
The exhibit will run August 24 through October 12 at the Arts Castle in Delaware during their regular operating hours and will be free and open to the public to view.
Best of luck to all entrants.
- Friday, July 6, 5:00 p.m.: ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED
- Monday, July 23: Those accepted to participate in the show will be notified
- Sunday, August 12, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.: Drop off artwork and artist statement
- Friday, August 24, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.: Reception at The Arts Castle
- August 24 - October 12, Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Senior Showcase Exhibit will be on display during Arts Castle hours
- Sunday, October 14, 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.: Pick up artwork