The Delaware County District Library Ask an Expert service is intended for library patrons who need one-on-one assistance with a request that requires additional time, demonstration and teaching.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Using library databases and resources
- Downloading or streaming library materials on your personal device
- Career support – writing a resume or applying to a job online
- Learning how to use a device such as a Kindle or other eReader (please bring device and charging cord)
- Internet basics, including email and social media
- Local history, genealogy, and using microfilm (Delaware Main Library only)
- Reading with a librarian for kids, English language learners, adults with reading barriers, and more
Topics may not include:
- Legal, medical, or financial advice
- Installing or uninstalling software
- Fixing broken devices
- Tutoring, subject matter teaching or reading intervention
- All sessions should be requested using the form below.
- Sessions are limited to one hour and two times per month.
- Appointments should be made at least one week in advance.
- If you cannot make it to a scheduled appointment, please cancel by calling the appropriate library location as soon as possible. Appointments that are not canceled still count toward the monthly limit.
- Walk-in appointments are subject to availability.