Little Free Libraries
The Delaware County District Library is a Steward for four Little Free Libraries™ within the county. Located at Alum Creek and Delaware state parks, campers and visitors have the opportunity to pick up a book at the camp store or marina.
The boxes, which look like a cross between decorative mailboxes and birdhouses built to hold books, are part of a national campaign to promote a sense of community, reading for children, literacy for adults and libraries around the world. The hand-crafted structures built by the Delaware Area Career Center (DACC) and populated by DCDL contain constantly changing collections of books donated and shared by people of all ages and backgrounds. Browse the book selections available, take one for any duration of time, share it with friends, write a note in it for others to enjoy, and then pay it forward by bringing the book back or another book to share with others.
- Charter #16966, Delaware State Park Camp Store, 5202 US 23 North
- Charter #16965, Delaware State Park Marina, 5202 US 23 North
- Charter #16968, Alum Creek State Park Camp Store, 2911 South Old State Road
- Charter #16967, Alum Creek State Park Marina, 4000 Hollenback Road
- Charter #92951, Radnor, 4230 State Route 203