Education Tools for Your Classroom
DCDL librarians are able to help with your classroom, daycare or homeschool learning experiences. As an educator, you are able to request a Teacher Collection from the Library! These collections are handpicked by librarians based on a subject, reading level, book, or other topic of your choosing. All you need is an Educator Card to get started!
Any certified K-12 school teacher, licensed childcare instructor, or verified homeschool educator can get an Educator Card at DCDL.
What does an educator card get you?
- 200 item checkout.
- 5 lost or damaged items can be waived each school year (August – June).
- Teacher Collection requests.
Want to apply?
Stop by any location and bring your school ID, pay stub, or district homeschool verification letter.
Requests for special collections called Teacher Collections can be made by Educator Card holders.
Teacher Collection Guidelines
- At least 14 days’ notice is required for assembly.
- Collections can include a maximum of 30 items per request.
- Collections can include items based on a specific subject or author and can include multiple copies of a specific title.
- “High-demand” subjects and holiday books will be limited based on availability. The Library reserves the right to determine “high-demand” items.
- 1 collection may be requested at a time.
- Emails will be sent when the requests are received and ready for pick-up.
- Educators will assume financial responsibility for any lost or damaged items beyond the five waived per school year.
- Failure to pick up a collection twice during a school year will cancel collection privileges for the remainder of that year.
How do I request a Teacher Collection?
Simply click here and fill out the form in its entirety. You will receive an email to confirm the request is received.
In the request form, you may select from one of the following locations for pick-up, based on your convenience, during regular operating hours: