Important 2021 Election Dates for Voters
- October 4: Deadline for voter registration for Nov. 2 general election (30 days before general election)
- October 5: Early voting begins. Check your voting location’s hours.
- October 30: The deadline to request an absentee ballot is three days before the election in which you want to vote
- November 1: If mailed, absentee ballots must be postmarked by the day before the election in order to be counted
- November 2: General Election Day. Polls open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- November 2: You can also return your absentee ballot in-person to your county board of elections before the close of the polls at 7:30 p.m. on Election Day.
You can complete and submit a voter registration form or absentee ballot request form at any of our branches, or visit the Delaware County Board of Elections to get more voter information. These forms and applications are printed for free and collected at every Delaware County District Library location for safe delivery to the local Board of Elections office.
View some of these Voter FAQs for Ohio, provided by Nonprofit VOTE
- Voting as an Ex-Offender
- Voting and Homelessness
- Voting and Domestic Violence
- Voting with a Disability (also see the Ohio Secretary of State)
- Voting for Ohio Military and Overseas Voters
Other Answered Questions about Voting in Delaware County
Are you registered to vote?
Check online using Voter Lookup
Need to register to vote or update your voter registration (if you’ve moved or changed your name)?
Print and fill out a Voter Registration and Information Update Form. Once you’ve filled out your voter registration form, drop it off at any Delaware Library location or at the Delaware County Board of Elections, located at 2079 US Highway 23 N, Delaware, OH 43015.
Not sure where to vote?
Find your polling location at Voter Lookup
Not able to make it to the polls on Election Day?
How do you turn in your absentee ballot?
Absentee ballots will be mailed in early October. Once a voter has received an absentee ballot fill out the actual ballot, vote for your chosen candidates and issues, then voters must either mail it or deliver it to the County Board of Elections. Actual ballots cannot be collected by the Delaware County District Library locations.
Requested an absentee ballot, but now want to vote in-person either early or on Election Day?
According to the Ohio Secretary of State, “if a voter previously submitted an absentee ballot application to receive a ballot by mail and appears to vote early in-person at the board of elections or early vote center, the voter does not need to vote provisionally (presuming no other reason for provisional voting applies).” Please see point three (III) in the Secretary of State’s directive.
Learn about your elected officials and the issues on the current ballot.
- Ohio’s current United States Senators are Sherrod Brown and Rob Portman.
- Find out who your Federal Representative is on the US House of Representatives website.
- Find out who your State Senator and Representative are on the Ohio Legislature’s website.
- Not sure what your ZIP Code +4 is? Look it up on the United States Postal Service’s website.
Trusted partners and websites.
Want to teach the kids in your life about voting?
Here’s a fun video with some fairytale friends who recently stopped by the Library for a visit.