Delaware County District Library staff LOVE to read! And we read A LOT. Why not let us help you pick your next book? Personalized Picks is being offered again for a limited time during the Winter Reading Club program (December 1 – January 31)! Once you fill out the Personalized Picks form, our team of librarians will send a personalized booklist directly to your email with some new book suggestions based on your responses.
You let us know the last few books that you read and enjoyed, what aspects you liked about them, and what you want us to steer you toward (or away from) for your next title. We’ll send you an email as quickly as possible with a list of books that we think you might enjoy, based on your answers.
Tips for filling out the form:
- Be specific
- Use descriptive words and terms like “fast-paced,” “romantic,” and “character-driven”
- Explain what book you’re in the mood to read right now
- Try to avoid searches that span multiple genres
- Fill out the form again at any time, based on whatever reading mood you’re in
Since we know you love your library, please also consider:
- Signing up for monthly and bi-monthly emails for new book alerts
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific readers advisory help
- Joining our For Booklovers Only group, where new books by authors are automatically added to your holds list
- Visiting NoveList Plus (or NoveList K-8 Plus for kids), where you become the librarian and search by author, book, genre and more to find reading recommendations
- Attending a DCDL Book Club, where you may discover books and styles outside your regular reading routine