In recognition of local literary and creative efforts, Delaware County District Library is pleased to include the works of local authors in our collection. We have dedicated space on our shelves to make these works visible and accessible to the community. The following guidelines apply to local authors who wish to have their works included:
- Authors should have a clear connection to Delaware County or a surrounding county.
- Both traditionally published and self-published books will be considered. However, unpublished works such as manuscripts, pamphlets, and other unbound materials are not accepted.
- Works of nonfiction—excluding memoirs or inspirational works—must be accompanied by a professional review.
- The library reserves the right to exclude any book found to be inappropriate for the collection for any reason.
- Authors are encouraged to donate their works to the library for inclusion in the Local Author Collection. In some cases, books may be purchased for this collection. The library may choose to use one of its established book vendors in these cases.
- Books assigned to the Local Author Collection will be clearly labeled as belonging to the collection.
- Books in the Local Author Collection are the property of the Delaware County District Library and may be reclassified or discarded at any time.
- Books that are found to be a better fit for a different part of the library’s collection, such as the Local History Room, will be cataloged accordingly.
Any author wishing to have his or her work considered for inclusion in the Local Author Collection is invited to visit or call the library and speak to a librarian.