Staggered Reopening Schedule Set
Plans for Reopening Coming Soon
On Monday, February 8, the Delaware County District Library announced plans to stagger reopening at all library locations between February 22 and March 2. Based on the reopening schedule, buildings will again be open to the public for walkthrough browsing and computer access.
Delaware County District Library branches will re-open for public browsing based upon the following schedule:
- Delaware Main Library (84 E Winter St, Delaware): Monday, February 22
- Orange Branch Library (7171 Gooding Blvd, Delaware): Monday, March 1
- Powell Branch Library (450 S Liberty St, Powell): Monday, March 1
- Ostrander Branch Library (45 N Fourth St, Ostrander): Tuesday, March 2
A staggered opening will help DCDL ensure adequate staffing levels at all locations.
Current Library hours of operation are:
- Monday*, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- (Ostrander Branch Library is closed on Mondays)
Delaware Library staff will continue steps to maintain safety precautions with mask-wearing, social distancing, and regular cleaning and hand-washing protocols. Patrons also will be required to wear masks upon entering buildings, social distance from other patrons and library staff, and limit time spent in the building.
Some things to note for in-person browsing at all Delaware Library locations:
- Masks are required of individuals ages 2 and up within a Library building
- Individuals may still use curbside and drive-up services, as they prefer
- Staff will still be available to take phone calls, answer emails and website chats
- Buildings will operate at a limited capacity
- Individuals are asked to limit time inside the buildings to 1 hour
- Public computers and express computers may be accessed during operating hours with reservations or on a walk-in basis
Public computer and express computer use will continue for users to print, copy, check email or browse the Internet. Delaware Main Library computer lab will open express computers-only on Monday, February 22 and the full computer lab on Tuesday, February 23. Patrons may continue to print up to 25 pages at no charge.
A full list of library services, whether patrons are visiting in-person or curbside, may be found at the COVID-19 information page.
The Delaware County District Library serves as the public information provider for our community, using traditional and innovative technology to encourage curiosity, free inquiry, and lifelong learning in a friendly environment.